AACC, creator and producer of Lab Tests Online, is a not-for-profit organization. Proceeds from website advertising help sustain Lab Tests Online. AACC does not endorse non-AACC products and services.
To further our mission of making reliable laboratory testing information – reviewed by the professionals who do the testing – available to the public, AACC accepts advertising under strict guidelines. AACC accepts those advertisements we believe are compatible with our mission.
AACC maintains a distinct separation between advertising content and editorial content. The editorial content on Lab Tests Online is based solely on current scientific literature and the expertise and practical experience of the site's Editorial Review Board and other experts who may be consulted from time to time. Content is developed and reviewed in accordance with our Editorial Policies. All advertising content on the Lab Tests Online website is clearly labeled as an advertisement.
Examples of advertising that may be allowed on LabTestsOnline.org, provided they are compatible with our mission as stated previously, include:
- Corporate image advertising or corporate sponsorship
- Over-the-counter medications approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Prescription drugs approved by the FDA
- Consumer products with a health connection
- Fitness products or services
- Medical products or devices
- Pharmacies (retail and online)
- Health insurance
- Hospitals and other medical facilities
The following advertisements are prohibited on the LabTestsOnline.org website:
- Weapons, firearms, ammunition, or fireworks
- Gambling and lottery
- Pornography or related themes
- Political advertisements
- Religious advertisements
- Advertisements that claim to have a "miracle" cure or method
- Advertisements directed at children
- Unsubstantiated health claims or product promotions without independently confirmed health benefits
- Implications that AACC has endorsed a product
- Ads that attempt to collect any personally identifiable information from users, including their email address, without expressed permission or opt-in. This includes placing any cookies, applets or other such files that transmit personally identifiable information.
- Ads that do not link to the full rules for any market research or promotion
These guidelines are intended to provide general guidance. They are not all-inclusive or exhaustive and are subject to change at the discretion of AACC at any time.
For questions about advertising, contact:
EVP, Sales & Marketing
e-Healthcare Solutions, LLC
810 Bear Tavern Road, Suite 102
Ewing, NJ 08628
Ph: (609) 882-8887 * Fx: (425) 671-7796