Health Awareness Events
Lab Tests Online supports health awareness events by sharing information on related Lab Tests Online test articles and resources associated with each health topic. See information on current and upcoming events below.
September is Blood Cancer Awareness Month.
This month’s health awareness spotlight is on blood cancers, such as leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma. According to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, every 3 minutes, someone in the U.S. is diagnosed with a blood cancer. These types of cancers can affect blood cell production and function, such as fighting infections and controlling bleeding.
Learn about these blood cancers and related lab tests, such as a complete blood count (CBC):
The following videos are provided by Lab Tests Online partner the American Society of Hematology. Hematology is the study of the blood. Patients with blood cancers are often referred to specialists – hematologists – for managing and treating their cancer.
- Cancer Cells vs. Healthy Cells
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia: A Patient’s Journey
- Lymphoma: A Patient’s Journey
Here are additional resources to support Blood Cancer Awareness Month:
Other Health Awareness Events in September
- Healthy Aging Month
- National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month
- National Cholesterol Education Month
- National Food Safety Education Month
- Newborn Screening Awareness Month
- National Sickle Cell Month
- Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Month
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Month
- Sepsis Awareness Month – World Sepsis Day, September 13
- Sexual Health Awareness Month
- National Celiac Disease Awareness Day, September 13
- World Lymphoma Awareness Day, September 15
- World Alzheimer’s Day, September 21
- World Heart Day, September 29