Laboratory testing technology has also made great strides in the ability to detect disease and help guide treatment decisions. With this progress, however, lab testing has become more complex and specialized. If you are a medical professional, Lab Tests Online can serve as a quick reference tool or as a resource for keeping up with advances in laboratory science. The information contained here can facilitate consultations between healthcare practitioners and the laboratory professionals who provide the lab services.
- Find 300+ analytes using the formal clinical laboratory test names as well as alternate test names.
- Access 130+ conditions and diseases associated with clinical laboratory tests used for screening, diagnosis, and/or management.
- Use the Glossary index to find a brief definition of key terms associated with clinical laboratory tests.
- Visit Patient Resources for a list of helpful resource articles, including on topics such as how to read a lab report, what reference ranges mean, informed medical decision-making, laboratory methods, and more.
Resources for Health Professionals:
- View LOINC for over 50 laboratory tests. LOINC (Logical Observation Identifiers Names and Codes) is the world's most widely used terminology standard for health measurements, observations, and documents. The purpose is to assist in the electronic exchange and gathering of clinical results, including laboratory tests.
- Visit Optimal Testing Recommendations for commonly misused tests from the American Association for Clinical Chemistry. This important resource geared toward medical professionals recommends better tests and diagnostic practices.