- AACC's Point-of-Care Testing Professional Certification is designed for all personnel who perform diagnostic tests outside the central laboratory, which encompasses near-patient testing, point-of-care device selection and validation, quality management, operator training, regulatory compliance, and serving as a liaison with the central laboratory. As a Certified Point-of-Care Testing Professional, you will stand out as someone who has gone above and beyond to demonstrate proficiency in point-of-care testing.
- AACC's online certificate programs offer timely, relevant content developed by highly regarded subject matter experts that you can take when and where you want. Participants receive a certificate of completion documenting their achievement and proficiency in the course material and each program qualifies for ACCENT® continuing education credits. AACC provides a web page on certification resources. AACC supports post-doctoral training in clinical laboratory medicine and credentialing of clinical laboratory practitioners through certification, licensure, and registration.
- The Clinical Chemistry Trainee Council serves as a unique program for residents and fellows in laboratory medicine by providing them with free educational materials and interactive tools to help guide them to a successful career.
- The American Board of Clinical Chemistry (ABCC) is a not-for-profit organization devoted to certification of individuals with doctoral level degrees in the practice of clinical chemistry, toxicological chemistry, and other clinical laboratory medicine disciplines.
Professional and Education Resources
Back to For Health Professionals>>
View a comprehensive list of career growth and educational aids to guide and inform you, whether you are exploring the field of clinical laboratory medicine or looking to advance your career.
Lab Medicine Certificate Programs and Resources
Lab Medicine and Medical Education Programs
Whether you need to maintain certification or are looking for a full education program, AACC has got the resources you need:
- Do you need to maintain your certification? Choose from a number of Continuing Education programs.
- AACC's Clinical Chemistry Trainee Council is another great resource for education and career programs.
- The National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences web site also lists a number of educational programs.
- American College of Physicians: Continuing Medical Education & Maintenance of Certification
Subscribe to Clinical Laboratory News
CLN is the essential read for laboratory medicine professionals. Published by AACC, CLN is read by more than 160,000 researchers, clinical laboratorians, pathologists, industry professionals, and others in the diagnostics field.
CLN is free for AACC members and other qualified laboratory medicine professionals in the United States. Learn more>>
Health Profession Job and Career Opportunity Links
For information on job opportunities, there are several web sites with job banks:
- AACC Career Center
- American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science's Career Center
- Clinical Laboratory Management Association's Career Center
- American Society for Clinical Pathology: Find A Job
Here are several links to other career resources, including for other health professions:
- Rasmussen College: 6 Signs a Medical Lab Tech Career is Right for You
- American Society for Clinical Pathology: Careers in the Medical Laboratory
- Purdue University Global: List of Nursing Specialties
- American Nurses Credentialing Center: Certification
- Nursing Scholarship Guidebook
- Affordable & Accredited Online Nursing Programs
- RegisteredNursing.org: Online Nursing Programs
- ConsumerAffairs.com: Compare Reviews for Online Nursing Programs
- Find Accredited Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Programs | DNPPrograms.com
- Family Nurse Practitioner Programs
- Becoming a Family Nurse Practitioner: (PDF)
- Online Nursing Degrees
- Nursing.org: Online Nursing Programs
- Your Nursing Career Guide
- [email protected]: Nursing Blog
- University of Southern California, Department of Nursing: What Can I Do With My MSN Degree?
- RN to BSN
- CNAnursing.net: Guide to CNA Classes Online
- Nurse Practitioner Guides
- NurseJournal.org: 25 Reasons to Choose a Career in Nursing
- Carrington College: Planning Your Career in Nursing LVN/LPN, RN, and Everything In Between
Physicians and Physician Assistants
- American College of Physicians: Medical Student Career Path
- American College of Physicians: Residency Career Counseling
- American Academy of Physician Assistants: Career Central
- Public Health Online: A Guide to Public Health Careers
- Public Health Degrees: Career Guide
- Careers in Disease Prevention - Vaccinations & Immunizations
- Milken Institute School of Public Health, GW Public Health Online
- Highest Paid Public Health Careers
- Med Assisting: Learning Resources for Medical Assistants
- Online Medical Assistant Programs & Certification
- Medical Assistant Courses Online
- What Does a Medical Assistant Do?
- Guide to Medical Assistant Associate Degrees
- Medical Assistant Career Guide
- Medical Assistant Schools and Career Guide
- Health Administration Degrees - degree programs and career information
- HealthcareAdministrationEDU.org: Master's in Health Administration
- Healthcareadministrator.org: Healthcare Administration Degree
- MHA Online: Master of Healthcare Administration
- Health Administration Programs
- Remington College: Resources
- Professional Resources for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians
- Find Your Context's collection of Master Degree Guidebooks
- Data Science in the Health Care Industry
- Guide to Health Communication
- Guide to Science and Medical Communication
- CDC Issues Next Phase of the Conditional Sail Order for Cruise Ship Operators (4/2/21)
- CDC Issues Updated Guidance on Travel for Fully Vaccinated People (4/2/21)
- Salmonella outbreak linked to wild songbirds (4/1/21)
- CDC and NIH bring COVID-19 self-testing to residents in two locales (3/31/21)
- Real-World Study Confirms Protective Benefits of mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines (3/29/21)
- Media Statement from CDC Director on Extending the Eviction Moratorium (3/29/21)
- CDC Supports Efforts to End Ebola Outbreaks in the DRC and the Republic of Guinea (3/26/21)
- CDC Update on COVID-19 Transcript ,2/14/21
- CDC's COVID-19 Responder Stories, 2/9/21
- Information for Healthcare Professionals about Coronavirus (COVID-19), 8/25/2020
- Prevention and Control of Seasonal Influenza with Vaccines, 8/21/20
- Criteria for Return to Work for Healthcare Personnel with SARS-CoV-2 Infection (Interim Guidance), 8/10/20
- Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings
- Preparing for a Hurricane or Tropical Storm
- Public Health Grand Rounds: a monthly scientific presentation featuring the important work that CDC is doing in the U.S. and around the world
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR)
- MMWR Free Continuing Education
- Laboratory Communicators' Network
- Safe Healthcare Blog
- Fellowships, Internships and Learning Opportunities: Whether you are on a career track or deciding on which career you would like to pursue, CDC has many diverse fellowship, internship, training, and volunteer opportunities for students and professionals.
- CDC Undergraduate Public Health Scholars (CUPS) Program: Learn about programs that provide valuable exposure to a wide range of public health opportunities
- CDC Learning Connection - your source for information about public health training developed by CDC, CDC partners, and other federal agencies.
- National Center for Health Statistics
- Division of Laboratory Systems Free Educational Materials