Examples of Disorders
The following is a list of examples of autoimmune disorders. Select a topic for more detailed information, including laboratory tests related to the condition.
For a more complete list, visit the Patient Information page of the American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association, Inc.
- Addison disease
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Antiphospholipid syndrome
- Autoimmune hepatitis
- Celiac disease
- Graves disease
- Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Hashimoto thyroiditis
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Myasthenia gravis
- Pernicious anemia
- Primary biliary cirrhosis, Sclerosing cholangitis (see Autoimmune-associated liver diseases)
- Reactive arthritis/Reiter syndrome
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and Juvenile RA (JRA)
- Sjögren syndrome
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus
Below we provide links to resources with information on the following autoimmune disorders.
- Goodpasture syndrome (MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia)
- Microscopic polyangitis (MPA) (Vasculitis Foundation)
- Mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD) (MayoClinic.com)
- Polymyalgia rheumatica (MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia)
- Polymyositis (MayoClinic.com)
- Psoriasis (MayoClinic.com)
- Temporal Arteritis / Giant Cell Arteritis (MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia)
- Wegener's granulomatosis (Vasculitis Foundation)
In some cases, a person may have more than one autoimmune disease. For example, individuals with Addison disease often have type 1 diabetes, while those with sclerosing cholangitis often have ulcerative colitis.