Biotin can interfere with some test results. What can you do?
- You can continue taking supplements that contain biotin. It is a nutrient your body needs.
- Tell your healthcare practitioner if you take biotin or supplements containing biotin.
- Be proactive: know exactly what is in your supplements by carefully reading all labels.
- Talk to your healthcare practitioner or pharmacist if you are not sure if something contains biotin.
- Follow instructions from your healthcare practitioner who may advise you to avoid taking biotin before a scheduled blood draw.
- Alert your health care practitioner if you forget and take biotin before a scheduled blood draw.
Watch Video - Biotin: Friend and Foe. Learn how a patient almost had a costly and unnecessary procedure due to test results impacted by biotin interference.