Lab Medicine Resources for the Health Professional
AACC, a global scientific and medical professional organization dedicated to clinical laboratory science and its application to healthcare, launched Lab Tests Online in 2001 so that patients and caregivers can learn about the many tests that are a vital part of medical care. The website also recognizes the contributions of the laboratory professional and other essential members of the healthcare team, such as physicians, nurses, and physician assistants. Get quick access to 340+ clinical test articles vetted by experts in the field and other resources that you as a professional may find beneficial.
The Latest News
- Medical Lab Professionals Week: April 23-29, 2017. Participate in Lab Week by helping AACC teach the public what the world would look like without lab professionals. It's fun and easy. Visit AACC.org to learn how.
- Draft Recommendation by Task Force Reverses Previous Stance on Prostate Cancer Screening, April 17, 2017
- MedTech Views: Minimally Invasive Surgery is Key to Treat Colorectal Cancer, March 24, 2017
- WHO: 12 Bacteria Families Urgently Require New Antibiotics, March 1, 2017
- Antibiotic Resistance to Gonorrhea, March 16, 2017
- Molecular Portrait of Metastasis-Competent Circulating Tumor Cells in Colon Cancer Reveals the Crucial Role of Genes Regulating Energy Metabolism and DNA Repair, Clinical Chemistry podcast, March 29, 2017
- High Glycated Albumin and Mortality in Persons with Diabetes Mellitus on Hemodialysis, Clinical Chemistry podcast, March 1, 2017
- FDA Clears Procalcitonin Test for New Use to Help Guide Antibiotic Treatment, April 5, 2017
- Blood Tests Recommended Over Skin Tests to Check for TB in Most Cases, March 22, 2017
- Study Suggests “Superbugs” May be More Diverse and Harder to Detect than Previously Thought, March 6, 2017
- FDA Clears First Highly Sensitive Troponin Blood Test to Help Diagnose Heart Attacks, March 1, 2017
Policy Reports: as the leading voice for laboratory medicine professionals, AACC develops informational pieces to help educate policymakers and other public audiences about the critical role of laboratory medicine in the healthcare system:
- Advancing Children's Health through Pediatric Laboratory Medicine
- Laboratory Medicine: Advancing Quality in Patient Care
Stay Connected to Lab Tests Online
Get the Lab Tests Online Mobile App – information on hundreds of lab tests at your fingertips. The Lab Tests Online-M app puts all of the information on the web site literally in the palm of your hand. And it works even when your Internet connection doesn't because the app downloads the content to your mobile device so it's there and accessible whenever you need it.
Available in the following stores: